Hello and welcome to Equity, a podcast about startup activity, where we unpack the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
- We started by looking at the Figma-Adobe deal, worth around $20 billion. TechCrunch’s news coverage is here, and Alex has more notes here.
- Offers of the week: Maven, Patreon and Modulous.
- We also talked about the Launch House issue, and what to do with the business model and management. The conversation naturally led us to what community is.
- From there, Europe! This sees a wave of new venture capital funds, leading to notable intra-continental competition.
- And then we finished with a quick note on the latest from the Twitter-Musk deal.
If you come to Disrupt, use the code “EQUITY” to save 15%. It makes us look good internally and gets you a cheaper discount on our first Disrupt live show in podcast history.
Equity drops every Monday at 7 a.m. PDT and Wednesdays and Fridays at 6 a.m. PDT, so subscribe to us on Apple podcast, Covered, Spotify and all casts.